Orem Youth Track Club
LOOKING TO RUN? Track and Field is for everyone! Come join the Orem Track Club! The track club is for all youth ages 7 to 14. Registration will be accepted at the Orem Fitness Center beginning March 4 or you may register online (see link at the bottom of the page) until program fills. Events offered include sprint and distance running, long jump, high jump, shot put, discus, and relays. The fee for this program is $60 ($70 for non-residents) and includes a team t-shirt and participation in practices and meets. Participants should wear good running shoes. Volunteers are needed for this program. For questions, or more information, call 229-7455.
Practices will be held from 5:30 - 6:30 PM every Tuesday and Thursday (except if a meet is scheduled that day) beginning April 16th, 2013, at the the Timpanogos High School track. After school ends in June, practice will be held from 9:00 - 10:00 AM. The season ends around the second week of June.
2013 Schedule - REVISED 4/22/13
April 16 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM (Brief MANDATORY PARENT MEETING AT 5:35 PM in the
bleachers. Parents please plan to attend so you will know what to expect from this program.)
April 18 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
April 23 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
April 25 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
April 30 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
May 2 = Meet (at Timpanogos High School; check in at 5:00 PM, meet starts at 5:30
May 7 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
May 9 = no practice today (will be made up on Friday, May 10)
May 10 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
May 14 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
May 16 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
May 21 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
May 23 = Meet (at Wasatch [200 E 600 S, Heber]; check in at 5:00 PM, meet starts at 5:30 PM)
May 28 = no practice today (will be made up on Wednesday, May 29)
May 29 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
May 30 = no practice today (will be made up on Friday, May 31)
May 31 = practice from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
June 4 = practice from 9:00 - 10:00 AM
June 6 = Meet (at PG High School [700 E 200 S, PG]; jumping events begin at 4:30 PM; running events at 5:30 PM)
June 7 = End of season awards at Community Park (meet at pavilion across from Orem Fitness Center at 9:00 AM)
June 7 = Hershey Track Meet (at Mountain View High School [665 W Center St., Orem];meet starts at 10:00 AM; register at 9:30 AM
Coaches: Jody & Katie Benson @ 221-9249
Program Coordinator: Debbie Boone @ 229-7455
1. All practice and meets (unless otherwise specified) will be at Timpanogos High School Track (1450 N. 200 E., Orem). Please drop off and pick your child up ON TIME. When track practice ends, the coaches will be leaving so there will be nobody there with your child.
2. Volunteers are needed for the track meets (especially the meet on May 23 in Heber). Please let one of the coaches know if you can help out at any of those meets.
3. Please make sure that your child is prepared for the weather. Track practices and meets are held in all kinds of weather. Please send jackets, warm clothes, sun block, etc.
4. Make sure that your child has plenty of water at track meets and a full water bottle at every practice (as there is not a water faucet close by the track).
5. Transportation is NOT provided. Each participant is responsible to get to meets and practices on their own.
Hershey Track Meet
Registration Date: June 7 @ 9:30 AM
Meet Begins: June 7 @ Mountain View High School Track (650 W. Center St., Orem) at 10:00 AM
Contact: Debbie @ 801-229-7455
Running events as well as a standing long jump and a softball throw will be offered. Competition is held separately for boys and girls. Winners advance several levels from district to state to nationals, all of which are sponsored by Hershey. Visit www.hersheys.com/trackandfield/ for more information.